Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Our first week...

I did not realize how exhausting this would be!  I got home at 6:30 today and I thought I would fall asleep as soon as I finished dinner (which, luckily, my awesome husband had cooked and it was just ready as I walked in the door)!  I forced myself to take a shower and then do a couple of things I needed to get done.

I didn't get to check The Boy's math yet, I have been keeping up with everything as they do it, but today got away from me.  I don't have to work a lot, and I am so grateful, but even just the few hours a day is exhausting!  Not to mention that my job is not an easy one, it's tiring in itself!

My kids are mostly independent, but I do sit right there with them and we all do some subjects together.  I need to be closeby to answer their questions, I thought I could do some lesson planning and organization while they do schoolwork, but it's impossible.  I have been trying to print labels for their notebooks all week!

Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING homeschooling.  It has been awesome watching them learn and knowing exactly what they are learning.  The BEST thing is that I have absolutely no "mom guilt" anymore.  (OK it's only been a few days, but...) I spend all morning with them teaching them and watching them learn.  Then I get a bit of alone time on my drive to work, I do a job I really enjoy, a little more alone time on the drive home, eat dinner with my family, then spend time alone with my husband.  It is an awesome balance and I feel so incredibly blessed.

...But I am soooo tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment